RUSH TOWNSHIP BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
AGENDA – JANUARY 5, 2015
1. Call meeting to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Motion to Adjourn Old Board
4. Motion to Appoint Temporary Chairman– Robert Leibensperger
5.Motion to Appoint Temporary Secretary– Shawn Gilbert
6. Motion to Re-Organize the Board of Supervisors for 2015
1. Nominate Shawn Gilbert Chairman for 2015
2. Nominate Robert Leibensperger Vice Chairman for 2015
3.Motion to appoint Denise Hope as the full-time Secretary/Treasurer for 2015 at the rate of $14.50 per hour. Township hours of operation are 8 am to 5 pm with an hour unpaid lunch.
4. Motion to appoint Caitlin Whildin as the part-time Administrative Assistant for 2015 at the rate of $12.50 per hour. Working 11 am to 3 pm flexible.
CALL NEW BOARD TO ORDER:
1. Motion to appoint Christopher Riedlinger as Solicitor for 2015 for the Board of Supervisors at $100.00 per
2. Motion to appoint Solicitor for 2015 for the Planning Commission at $120.00 per hour – (Peter Fagan).
3. Motion to appoint Solicitor for 2015 for the Zoning Hearing Board at $85.00 per hour. – (Burke & Burke)
4. Motion to appoint bank to be named depository for 2015. Mauch Chunk Trust
5. Motion to appoint Arro Consulting as Zoning and Code Enforcement Officer as needed. (rate schedule Exhibit A)
6. Motion to appoint Arro Consulting as the engineering firm for 2015 on an as needed basis. (rate schedule Exhibit A)
7. Motion to appoint Engineer and/or Consultant for 2015 for the Planning Commission. Arro Consulting (rate schedule Exhibit A)
8. Motion to set compensation for each Planning Commission member at $20 per meeting.
9. Motion to set compensation for each Zoning Hearing Board member at $10 per hearing.
10. Motion to set compensation for each Township Auditor at $10 per hour.
11. Motion to appoint Sewage Code Enforcement Officer for 2015 (William Brior $45.00 per hour.) as per resolution NO 2015-01
12. Motion to appoint an alternate Sewage Code Enforcement Officer for 2015. – (Bruce Dobash) as per resolution NO 2015-01
13. Motion to appoint Bob Ritsick of the Rush Township Planning Commission to serve as the township representative for the Regional Planning Board.
14. Motion to adopt Resolution 2015-01 setting the fee schedule for 2015 for the sewage enforcement officer.
15. Motion to re-appoint the following road crew workers and rates for 2015 as follows:
Elden Neifert as full-time Road Supervisor at the rate of $18.00 per hour
Dennis Rupert as full-time Equipment Operator/CDL Truck Driver/Laborer, at $17.57 per hour.
Michael Zimmerman as full-time Equipment Operator/CDL Truck Driver/Laborer and As needed in Sewer Dept. at $17.50 per hour.
Laborer/Part time $10.00 per hour
Seasonal CDL Truck Driver $13.50 per hour & Non CDL Truck Driver $12.00 per.
Road department hours will be 6:30 am to 3:00 pm with half hour unpaid lunch. Flexible as seasons change.
16. Motion to re-appoint Carl Yaccino, as Township sewer department employee, at $17.00 per hour. Hours will be 8 am to 4:30 pm with half hour unpaid lunch.
17. Motion that the benefits for full time Township employees are as follows for 2015: paid Vacation (Currently) After one year and on the employee’s anniversary date 5 days, 4 to 9 years 10 days, 10 and years and longer 15 days, New full time employees must complete a one year new hire probationary period with the option to extend up to one year. Upon completion of the 90 days new all full time employees will be given medical insurance, vision, dental, life with full coverage for the employee; 9 Paid Holidays (Currently) New Year’s – Good Friday – Memorial Day – 4th of July – Labor Day –Thanksgiving Day – Day After Thanksgiving – Christmas Eve, Christmas Day; 2 Personal Days(cannot be carried over); 2 Bereavement Days; Employer/Employee continuing Pension Plan; Work clothes and a $75.00 allowance for work shoes for the Road Crew. When an employee exceeds their vacation and personal days the employee needs a medical excuse for additional time off. No Exceptions for time off without pay
18. Motion to re-appoint police officers as follows:
Duane Frederick as full time police Sergeant at $23.74 per hour
Adam Sinton as full time police Corporal at $22.74 per hour
Carl Bachart as part-time police officer at $15.00 per hour
Richard Sinton as part-time police officer at $15.00 per hour
Kevin Ruby as part-time police officer at $15.00 per hour
Robert Bechtel as part-time police officer at $15.00 per hour
Ryan Rehatchek as part-time police officer at $15.00 per hour
Bradley Hess as part-time police officer at $15.00 per hour
Jeffrey Tanner as part-time police officer at $15.00 per hour
Thomas Fort as part-time police officer at $15.00 per hour
Alexander Kosatschkow II as part-time police officer at $15.00 per hour
New hire Part Time Police Officer at $15.00 per hour
19. Motion that the Board of Supervisors appoints the following list of names for the Hometown Fire Co. and Quakake Volunteer Fire Co. as Township Fire Police for 2015.
20. Motion to appoint Lorraine Brill as Emergency Management Coordinator
21. Motion to appoint Dyllin Trexler and David H Clewell SR at EMA Assistants
22. Motion that the Treasurer be authorized to pay payroll every other week.
23. Motion to set the Treasurer’s Bond limits. (3 million dollars)
24. Motion that the Chairman and Secretary/Treasurer be authorized to sign the recap sheet and bond for the Tax Collector when due.
25. Motion that the Board of Supervisors, or employees deemed necessary from the board of Supervisors be authorized to attend the State Convention in Hershey, Pa. April 19-22, 2015 and authorize mileage, room; hourly pay rate and food allowance ($50.00 per day) for 3 days to those attending.
26. Motion to name Board of Supervisors as the voting delegate and employee as the alternate voting delegate for the State Convention in Hershey, Pa.
27. Motion that the Board of Supervisors and employee be authorized to attend the 2015 PAHRA conferences and include mileage, room and food allowance and pay at regular rate.
28. Motion that elected officials be authorized to attend the Schuylkill County Convention and pay them as permitted by the Second Class Township code.
29. Motion to appoint one registered elector to serve as Chairman of the Vacancy Board for 2015 – Joseph P. Leonzi, Jr.
30. Motion to set Township reimbursement rate for mileage for 2015 at .56 cents per mile.
31. Motion to appoint a resident representative to the Eastern Schuylkill Recreation Commission for a one year term – David H Clewell SR
32. Motion to appoint a Supervisor representative to the Eastern Schuylkill Recreation Commission for a one year term – Robert
33. Motion to appoint a representative Robert Leibensperger and an alternate Jeannine Motroni to attend the North Schuylkill Landfill Association meetings.
34. Motion to set the meeting dates and times for 2015 to the 3rd Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. except for the month of January.
35. Motion to adopt Resolution 2015-02 (signatures for bank accounts)
36. Motion to adopt Resolution 2015-03 setting the garbage collection and disposal fees.
37. Motion to adopt Resolution 2015-04 setting the sewer fees for Lake Hauto.
38. Motion to adopt Resolution 2015-05 setting the sewer fees for Hometown.
39. Motion to adopt Resolution 2015-06 setting UCC permit fees schedule.
40. Motion to adopt Resolution 2015-07 appointing TCC voting delegates as follows: Primary Voting Delegate: Jeaninne Motroni
First Alternate Voting Delegate: Robert Leibensperger, Second Voting Delegate: Shawn Gilbert.
41. Motion to appoint the Alcohol/Drug-Free Workplace Supervisor. –Sergeant Duane Frederick.
42. Motion to use the Times News as the newspaper for the township.
43. Motion for Valley Grafix to be the computer consulting firm for the township.
44. Motion for iMarketing (Tiffany Horvath) to be the consulting firm for the township’s web-site.
45. Motion to appoint Shawn Gilbert as road master for 2015.
46. Motion to appoint Robert Leibensperger as representative for the COG (Council of Governments).